A lifetime resident and dedicated ambassador of the city of Kingston, George Scott takes pride in his extensive record of community engagement. He has been widely recognized both for his tremendous business successes and for his ongoing support of local organizations and environmental initiatives.
An avid and active entrepreneur with more than 25-years of industry experience, he now lends his business acumen to helping local business leaders, students, and young entrepreneurs.
Awards & Recognition
- Finalist, Ontario Chamber of Commerce – Corporate Governance (2012) Honours businesses that demonstrate excellence in corporate citizenship, corporate governance, and/or environmental stewardship.
- Finalist, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Clean Technologies (2009) In recognition of Mr. Scott’s work advancing the economy and fuelling growth despite economic adversity. This award honours Canada’s most impressive entrepreneurs from all areas of business.
- Inductee – Visionary, Kingston Business Hall of Fame (2009) The youngest inductee into the Kingston Business Hall of Fame. Awarded in recognition of his creativity and foresight in business, and for his contribution to enhancing the Kingston community and the character of the city.
- President Award, Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce (2009)
- Industry Leader, Kingston Economic Development Corporation (KEDCO) International Ambassador Program (2015)
- Council Member, Queen’s University Chemistry Innovation Council An advisory organization dedicated to supporting and enhancing the university’s Chemistry department and its faculty and students.
- Expert, Cement2020 (2013)
A multidisciplinary consulting project to improve the sustainability of Lafarge’s Bath cement plant operations, with the goal of identifying strategies that could be used by similar plants all around the world to achieve the same end.
- Member, Rotary Club of Cataraqui-Kingston
- Board Member, Canadian Compost Council
- Committee Member, Kingston Business Hall of Fame
- Investor, local businesses
- Active contributor to engineering groups